Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Alpha Crawl Classics Mashup Funnel Thing

I dig DCC, and I deal in Paranoia.  I mean, like, professionally, man.  All day long some days.  Not to bring my work into my hobby but real actual paranoia is sort of my bread and butter.

the early days of computer worship! This sexy little reel-to-reel number holds approximately 5MB, almost enough to keep the image on!


Now, playing Paranoia!  That's another thing.  I think maybe it was +Adam Muszkiewicz  that rang that bell for me on an episode of DSR but I have really only actually played it once, maybe in the early 90's - seems in my recollection it was a sudden and brief transgression away from 2e right before my gaming chums all got into Vampire 1e.  Edition wars!  You want to talk about edition wars, why some people are convinced that 5e Paranoia doesn't even exist! Don't even get me started on the fnord Holloway Texts that were discovered hidden in a farmhouse in remote New Hampshire!  That's practically a whole other game right there, bro

I have often longed to play it, but that's neither here nor there.  Luckily, I have in DCC a fairly flexible rudimentary d20 engine with enough weirdness and entropy that I can kick it in the guts and do whatever I want with it.  By the way, the thing I have mostly written at the moment is like a cross between +Kabuki Kaiser 's excellent systems for solo-play, Margaret St. Claire's Sign of the Labrys, Logan's Run, and Paranoia with some Cthulhu sprinkled inside, all wrapped up in a DCC/MCC/CUaBM package.


Maybe for hilarity, maybe for laffs, I have prepped a PDF for people to use to generate suspicious clones to commit thought crimes adore OUR GOOD FRIEND COMPUTER with, and will run a Paranoia-flavored funnel type thing next Tuesday, maybe, if all goes well.


I think it nicely incentive-izes the usual Paranoia Stuff that players generally avoid but is really the hilariously spiteful throbbing heart of Classic/Zap

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here