Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sororitas Winged Vengeance

Couldn't sleep - painted instead

It's been a couple of years since I primed these. It was tamiya spray primer (I think it worked nicely on the armor but I don't like the look on figs even though it keeps a lot of detail

Blood Red cloth
bestial brown leather
Mithril silver since all my bolt gun metal is caked up - 2 pots worth :(
Then white base coat on the hair and face
medium (maybe light) skin tone for the base of the flesh

Glossy coat

Dip in my Homebrew ink juice which is mostly floor wax and tamiya thinner and some detergent with various flavors of ink to order.  I think it's the rough equivalent of the medium to heavy style commercial stuff

Then go back and dry brush all the stuff that needs it and hit then highlight

I might need to invest in some new paint, though - I think these 5? year old ones may have gone sour on me

More later (bear in mind these are pretty fine and relatively hard to paint and I'm a little rusty)

Also, trying to retro-fit my Leman Russ for magnets, but we'll see. It looks a little clean to me anyways and could use some wear and year... The sponsons and the main gun are both glued pretty well and I am not sure I want to risk damaging  them.

Now let precious sleep take me

Ps I saw a pretty cool video the other night for making ice crystals and am thinking about using it for a jet wash effect underneath these. Maybe I can find it...

Yeah. jet wash.  That'll be the shiZnit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here