This is my List of Shame, that being the mini wargaming projects I have undertaken within the past few years and not finished.
Previous to my discovery of the ease of eBay, this list was laughably short. I generally bought or acquired figs and worked on them at a comfortable pace, with a few squads or prize figs always awaiting completion.
I realized the other day that I am "stress purchasing" figs off of eBay. I dare say that I enjoy NOT winning auctions that I bid on almost as much as I enjoy winning them, and I usually try to keep single figs under 10 bucks U.S. and squads under 20$. That's a modest goal, and easy target to hit, so I am gradually taking on more models than I may ever finish in my brief life span!
Things to finish:
- I have a handful of marines that need power-sword fixing with my airbrush.
- There was this box of 20 3rd or 4th edition Catachans. Hideous. Assembled now for like 6 years, awaiting paint. Convert to Beastmen or maybe Orlocks.
- Original St. Celestine. Arm broken: needs pinning and painting.
- Repaint my 8 man Arbites squad(note, I made a mold of the easiest one and have been slowly venting/tweaking so I may one day have like a anti-riot squad but that's a different thing). Thinking Judge Dredd scheme, since it's neat.
- Repaint my 5 Seraphim(note: I stripped these down because my paint job was pretty awful and I wanted to make a mold of the twin-bolters sister, but we'll see if that ever happens)
- Finish Wayne's Inquisitorial Land Raider. been assembled and waiting for months and months, now.
- Finish the Genestealer Cult. Needs highlights and bases.
- The Cult Brood Lord conversion from a WFB ogre is stalled. Need green stuff. I have milliput but not sure if I like it.
- Finish the Space Hulk 'stealers and termies
- Finish the Sisters' Immolator
- Finish the Gangs of Commoragh
- Finish Necromunda - just need to assemble the Escher and paint everything
- Have some Fenryll skellies i just grabbed. Want to use them for solo Frostgrave stuff so they ought to be 0
- Paint the Crypt Ghouls for Frostgrave. Ought to be .5
- Convert a new level 5 wizard for my Frostgrave warband (Chaos-y, with tubes and wires n such. Ought to be .75)
- A metal Brood Guard or hive guard, in the pile somewheres.
- Some HDF terrain: a 3x3 medieval urban board with canals/sewers.
- Survivors for Walking Dead: All Out War
- Gaslands cars (8 or 9). Magnetize with some bits from 40k
- Gaslands terrain
- Convert a team of Dark Elfs for Blood Bowl from these 3rd edition Dark Eldar kabalites. Maybe.
- Dungeonbowl board. I have the chests primed and ready but they await.
- A squad of Tommy Gun wielding mob goons that ought to be good for survivors for WD:AOW, and a couple of other bits and bobs survivors.
- A jillion little jobs to finish. I have this one WW2 era Phantom bomber that I squished a couple of IG pilots into, and it needs glue-ing and basing and a crummy rules set.
These are just the ones I can recall, in no order of import. I don't know that I'll be actually playing 40K any time soon, despite hearing great things about 8th edition... As you can probably tell, just going into my frozen hell of a basement makes me exquisitely anxious with idea debt. Interestingly, while NOT doing these things on the list, I have completed a table-ready job of a Frostgrave band and even some objective markers. Proud as I am of those, my head grows heavy and my heart shrinks at the thought of these undertakings. I need to print it out and staple it onto the wall next to my bed to give me a little motivation.