Alas, if you did not attend, much hilarity was experienced by
Friday, January 8, 2021
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
|metaphor for the code, and incidentally a room in the dungeon!|
Here's from the file's header where I keep track of changes. The wish list is large, but not un-doable. The guys on Tablesmith.io asked a question that pulled back the veil and now I have more intimate knowledge of how I was mucking it up before, and so new and better features must inevitably arise - I think I can do almost all the stuff I was wishing for. Further! I can use markdown to just take the whole chunk of stuff and send it right to GMBinder for custom-made .PDFs of Goodness +2. I'm talking custom page styles, random illustrations, random maps that may even have some sense to them, hyperlinks to NPCs, the whole Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine Hellish yards of it.
## Feature wishlist
## 1. Geases and quests, maybe with a call to an outside table (seems improbably easy but unnecessary)
## 2. Difficulty of some traps and saves scales with dungeon level via variable (done!)
## 3. Integrated personalities of some generated NPCs (probably unnecessary but doable!)
## 4. Standardized formatting for monsters (bold), treasure (italics) - (done! - new wish: markdown output for generated monsters right to GMBinder - probably easy! Could even spit out SRD documents to an appendix but that's for later)
## 5. Re-rollable via link options for some non-sensical entries (Done!!)
## 6. Room sizes (Done!), with larger rooms containing larger features (not done, but now imminent)
## 7. Random chance of adding a template to a monster - the templates are included - note added kludgy version on June 19,2020
## 8. Better treasure the farther down you go, maybe like the random treasure system in DMG1e (this is a whole 'nuther table and the current one suffices)
## 9. Lair treasure vs. Carried Treasure? (not wished for any longer)
## 10. More Steam, Electricity, Magnetism, Flooding, and Wild Organic zones? (highly desired feature!!! - n.b. now ludicrously easy - the level will be broken into zones of d6 rooms sharing certain features)
## 11. Lairs/Settlements of humanoids with leadership, for allies and trading. Pretty easy, actually. Single line of code.
## 12. Zones of 2-4 rooms of various sizes that share qualities (fairly easy to implement with Loop command - I think this is the same as 10, above)
## 13. Maybe room contents depend on room size? Not likely since that gets complicated... n.b. would require a minor re-write but not too bad.
## 14. Trap triggers (implemented in another table, but needs weirding)
## 15. Factions of humanoids are the main populants of each level - up to 3 Factions would be cool
## 16. Room numbers - Should be pretty easy, actually. Having troubles with the variable (problem resolved - now FIXED!)
So, I haven't implemented it, yet, but here is the somewhat-less repetitive but MOAR CHAOTIC and less-sensible output of the generator, now, for a 30-room, 1st level dungeon in the Lair of The Robolich. I'm pretty sure I've figured out a way to send back the number of generated monsters in each encounter to the main generator for... reasons.
1. The room has a patches of russet mold that is activated by false switch. The trap is attached to a steps.
2. There are Mimic subtype Frost and a winch and pulley, in this average-sized room.
3. A Slowing Gas. The victim is slowed for 4 turns, DC 18 Constitution save keeps the Potion of Poison and 17 Native Amethyst 250gp safe.
4. A Essence Displacer that shift the soul/consciousness of the target into the 1-Astral 2-Ethereal 3-Positive 4-Negative 5-Shadow 6-Alternate Reality that is activated by psionic magnet keeps the antique coins worth 3261 GP safeguarded.
5. There are Displacer Beast and a broken furniture in this room.
6. A 10 lewd voxel sculptures. They activate an animated information provider, containing 2216 GP. The treasure is divided into small coffers and safeguarded with spring darts firing up from inside bottom of container.
7. The room contains Vampire Spawn subtype T-Virus and a Hail Of Needles. It deals 10 attacks per PC as fighter of Level 4 doing 5 damage each that is activated by psionic magnet.
8. Owlbear, a charcoal bin, and hidden treasure antique coins worth 2154 GP .
9. 2 Large Monstrous Scorpions subtype Nega-, a spinning wheel, and hidden treasure 28 omnium nuggets.
10. 3 Troglodytes subtype Mutant guard 30 Black Opal 1000gp. The treasure is held in metal urns.
11. Janni, hidden Antitox Functions on 1-8 in 20 loose, and a trap: Sprayer soaks entire party with dirty water.
12. 4 Ghouls, hidden 51 Amber 100gp locked in iron trunks, and a trap: patches of green slime.
13. There is a maintenance area. There are Mop and hidden 40 Moonstone 50gp, here.
14. There is a planetarium projector - if disturbed then laser attacks at d24 on each party member for 1d10 damage and hidden A Hastelloy aigrette, set with star rubys, worth 100 gold coins, here.
15. An abandoned storage area, with 30 larval spider-demons, twitching but dormant in egg-sacs.
16. 1 Lizardfolk subtype Arachno, a stuffed beast, and a Quark bender will alter victim's alignment by 1 step 1-3 Law/Neut/Chaos or 4-6 Good/Neut/Evil that is activated by low frequency sonic motion detector.
17. It is dusty, here. There is also a spike.
18. Hound Archon subtype Crystal, an overhang, hidden 2618 GP, trapped with Spring Loaded Chute, which will eject a PC into an oubliette that is activated by false switch.
19. 3 Androids subtype Space guard 11 omnium nuggets. The treasure is stuffed into sacks.
20. There is antique coins worth 3935 GP hidden here.
21. This room has an office supply storage facility. 1d100 suspicious 40 gallon drums, marked as biohazard (1d8: 1 tar-zombies, 2 ooze-like mutagen, 3 movement sensitive explosive, 4 distilled water, 5 Synthetic Fire Flower juice, 6-8 surfactant/sanitizer).
22. Minotaur subtype Steam, a manger, hidden 4738 GP, trapped with Cold Glyph on a cauldron, full of mutagenic fluid, forcing a DC 19 Constitution save or 8 that is activated by video motion detector.
23. A Large Spring Loaded Chute, which will drop the party down 1d3 dungeon levels that is activated by pressure pad keeps the 54 Native Red Coral 100gp safeguarded.
24. 4 Grimlocks subtype Nega-, an arch, and hidden treasure A Cast Iron bracelet, set with a thulite, worth 600 gold coins.
25. 1 Lantern Archons subtype Ghost, hidden 3462 GP stored in pottery jars, and a trap: Rust Glyph, forcing a DC 18 Wisdom save or lose all non-magic metallic items.
26. There is antique coins worth 5061 GP concealed here, nestled in huge chests.
27. This modest room includes an a pit full of broken worker robots.
28. This modest room includes an is half-flooded with waist-high water. The next 2 rooms are also flooded.
29. This is a food-supply store room, with a few scroungeable rations and some potable water..
30. This room has a 3 shipping containers containing 111 wrench,pipe.