|This mini stares at me from my pile of shame.|
|great movie, or Greatest Movie?|
So like, The Breakfast Club and Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone have a Venn Diagram node, that being Molly Ringwald and that's who this post is dedicated to at the moment. Also, Overdog, who in my opinion spawned 40K quite nicely and so if you fail your Defense Against the Dark Arts because maybe the teacher is a TERF whackjob, then you get detention in the grimy cells beneath Central High School and from there you may slip into the Underzones... I ought to do a play-through but, really it's all a play-through in my head all day long and while it amuses me, well, the impact on physical reality may diminish us all
Here you can have the (subtly improved with many changes to the code but still not where I wish it) 4th level of Mr Shiny's Detention Zone in the hideous dimensional rift beneath Central High. Join Claire Standish, her alternate-dimension doppleganger Niki the Scav, and their trusty roboporter EU-Dee (Enlarging Unit Decommissioned) as they discover the Tennis Racket of Lobbing +2 before suffering a TPK/Temporal Crossrip. Don't worry I'm sure they will be okay for the next session. The code is so fat and logy and stinky that I should just scrap it and start again but... but it owns me, now, I think
There are no genres only an endless parade of cowardly adjectives, packed into 1054 lines of code-skeleton plus associated linked lines in other tables that leaked out of my brain so maybe, uhhh, fuck it I estimate 40,000 lines that have unspooled themselves in my head since 1983 with an effectively infinite dreary number of possible combinations. Maybe more than infinite! Transinfinite!
Speaking of which, #blacklivesmatter #loveislove and #transrightsarehumanrights
If you don't agree, I take back my gift to you and you can stick to your Dragonlance or whatever
BREAKFAST AT OVERDOG'S
- Hell Hound, hidden Gauntlets of Ogre Power and Shield +2 locked in iron trunks, and a trap: Caltrops, which must be avoided with a DC 14 Dexterity save or party members take 1d6 damage.
- Toxic Five-Headed Hydra, a cauldron, full of foul water, hidden 21 native amethyst 250gp, trapped with: Corrosive Gas, causing all non-magical items to have an inopportune chance to fall apart.
- The cramped room has a Contact Poison on a cauldron, full of pure drinkable water, forcing a DC 16 Constitution save or die. The trap is attached to a elevator. * like I said it's not perfect by any mean
- There is 1252 gold , hidden here.
- The cramped room has a Retractable Laser Turret attacks as Level 3 Magic Missile. The trap is attached to an arch.
- G-Virus 4 Ghouls, a stall, and a trap: Disintegration Beams, forcing a DC 19 Dexterity Save or 40 damage.
- The party can encounter 4 Mephits (Mixed Types), here.
- Graffiti here says BEWARE THE POOLS. in blood.
- Steam 2 Troglodyte Zombies, a steps, hidden Broom of Flying and High Tech: Power Fist Nonfunctional, trapped with: a Fusillade of Darts.
- This cavernous room includes an Intricate Cloning Machine. The interacting character sacrifices 7 HP and gets faithful/insane/flawed clone.
- 4 Ghouls, hidden 26 hematite 25gp divided into small coffers, and a trap: Slowing Gas. The victim is slowed for 4 turns, DC 15 Constitution save.
- A Panic Gas. The whole party moves at +4 in the Initiative order for 3 turns but all actions are at -1d keeps the Eyes of Petrification and antique coins worth 950 gold safeguarded.
- There is antique coins worth 2008 gold , hidden here.
- Mecha Minotaur, an idol of Sam Walton, and a trap: Blinding Gas. The party must make a DC 22 Constitution save or -4 to all attacks for 1d4 turns.
- This cramped room includes a parking lot with 11 rusted-out automobiles or skimmers. The entry-gate is non-functioning. Vending machine, random items, will steal 25% of money inserted.
- There is Helm of Comprehend Languages and Read Magic and High Tech: Automatic Rifle Functions on 1-12 in 20, hidden here.
- Graffiti here says BEWARE THE TENTACLE BEAST. IT ATE GALSTAFF. in charcoal.
- This room has a maintenance area. There are Vermin control devices e.g. traps, flamethrowers (2d6!), nerve-gas grenades (1d8 plus paralysis on DC 10 Constitution save), microwave emitter guns (1d10).
- The party can encounter 12 Leech Rabbits, here.
- Frost Troll, hidden 27 amber 100gp stored in pottery jars, and a trap: Poisoned Arrow Trap. The party sustains d20+5 attacks that do 1d6 damage and a random DC 15 poison.
(Here's the list of features I've mostly yet to implement in the main block of code)
## Feature wishlist
## 1. Geases and quests
## 2. Difficulty of some traps and saves scales with dungeon level via variable (editor's note: very easy, probably finish it next)
## 3. Integrated personalities of some generated NPCs (also super easy since I have like 4 of those)
## 4. Standardized formatting for monsters (bold), treasure (italics) - meh, maybe will maybe won't do
## 5. Re-rollable via link options for non-sensical entries
## 6. Room sizes, with larger rooms containing larger features
## 7. Random chance of adding a template to a monster - the templates are included - note added kludgy version on June 19,2020
## 8. Better treasure the farther down you go, maybe like the random treasure system in DMG1e
## 9. Lair treasure vs. Carried Treasure?
## 10. More Steam, Electricity, Magnetism