Thursday, November 20, 2014

Insomnia for the Emperor

 The good thing about dicking around with these models all night is that I'm almost done with the Cadian infantry and the Inquisitorial retinue

Except things got a little bit surreal at 4:30 am - not sure if the modeling/painting thing is now a symptom or a cause, although I did sleep about 10 hours the day before

Anyway, I got in some weird nerd-loop where I was counting figs into squads, except my calculations started to not make sense. I think I bagged them into squads correctly. Should have taken a picture; I think I was sorting over and over about 4000 worth of Marines and IG

I feel literally frightened of the slog that painting the Catachans will become - not the least of which because these plastic figures are ugly and the seams are hideous and (although I have no stitch of perfectionism in me) I'm offended how they will look. Weird. At least i felt that way at 1:45

I tore all the arms off the Flagellant/Veterans in disgust. No big deal they need some flamers and plasma anyway

I dunno

I won't be good for much today, I think.  This is a problem.  I can state unequivocally that either I am addicted to hobby painting or some serious state of anxiety is pressing me to escape from reality in an unhealthy fashion.

Gotta get to work.  Pics later I guess.

P.s.  I am no longer able to see clearly enough for the results I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here