Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bless Your Weapons And Flame THIS Area: Old Camera Rig for Shooting Minis

My once-slick Canon has been languishing since I got back into painting figs. Also, having my high-definition video camera/still digital camera in my pocket all the time sort of precludes dicking around with a 10 pound/1700 dollar chunk of accident-waiting-to-happen.  But I figure with people like Adam W. putting stuff up over at Kickassistan about his WIP I ought to let my DSLR and my freak flag out for a breath of fresh air, also.

What follows is just a basic test of the set-up, and right now, believe it or not I'm using a dead man's walker as a tripod, which is maybe pretty unwise but it's relatively stable and unlikely to break my rig and all the chunky gizmos attached.  A dead man's walker.  I hope it's not cursed.

Maybe I will document my sadly-never-finished Dark Angels successor chapter, ostensibly members of the Guardians of the Covenant.

Here is Brother Renfrew, hooded Templar-Sergeant of the Nox Betelgeuse Monastery, about to be taken apart by some xeno scum.  As you can see, the system needs a little twerking, but I think it's going to be nice, once it's all together.  I think it's going to need some pictures of Dresden in the background, or maybe some shots of a castle in Alsace-Lorraine or somesuch.  It could be the depth of field is a little too low, here.  Anyways, catch you later, heretic!

Suddenly, Renfrew regrets his choice of imposing headgear


No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here