Monday, October 8, 2018

The Phylactery of Google Plus

So. They went and did it, the fools!

They announced the projected plug-pulling of the walking corpse that is Google Plus. A Golden Age has passed us.

Let me be pretty straight, here.  It's like someone is euthanasia-ing my favorite uncle after they starved him to death, put him in a coma, strangled him, with-held meds and treatment, saying WELL THERES NOTHING TO BE DONE FOR IT

Google killed Plus the way they killed Reader. By slow death, cranking back the best features, and general negligence. It's been a good run, but that RPG and war gaming part of me aches where the incoming vacuum will be.

Got an Anchor app on the phone, reinstalling mastodon and discord. Most of my favorite peeps on there I can find again. Not sure how this will play out but I guess I will double down on blogging and figure out how to stay in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Just think of all the blog posts you can make by re-posting your old G+ entries! (I liked your anime review of Ronja, the Robber's Daughter, for example.)

    ReplyDelete

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here