Monday, January 6, 2020

The Hierarchy of Treasures in the DIY D&D world

Most Intersting and Valuable DIY RPG Works, in Order from Most-to-Least-Appealing to me YMMV of course
(this'n in the drafts folder since well before the end of Google Plus, I think the last one's a dig at Z - fuck you Z)


1) My kid made this. Here's a screen cap. I don't know what it is, but it's gameable. I tried to translate.

2) I'm a teen, just started playing RPGs. I made this. Here's a screen cap. or a blog post. IG or Tumblr

3) I can type in basic english, spanish, or french, and draw scribbly lines. I made this when I was 16 and found it in a box. Here's a screen cap. Bonus points for text-recognition that I can put in Google Translate

4) I've been writing as a hobbyist since 5e came out. I love it! C&C please. I've got a rudimentary understanding of how to turn a Word Doc into a PDF (bonus points if you are under-represented and/or your avatar suggests trans- or cis- female. NOW NOW NOW don't get bent out of shape, middleclass whitedude, or whatever get bent i don't care)

5) I've been playing d&d for 45 years and I hate new stuff. I made this. Dont presume to tell me what is good about it or not. (insert most of my hobby writing here). I figured out InDesign and know what a widow and an orphan is.

6) I have a small time publishing thing, I put out a lot of gameable stuff. I've made 3 succesful kikstarters. Here's my latest one.

7) I'm a writer. I play d&d as a hobby. This is the arc of my campaign based on a novel I'm writing.

8) I read a lot of Grant Morrison while stoned. Here is my concept album in the format of a D&D module. I'm going to Kickstart it next year.

9) I don’t fucking know. I wrote this on a coke bender while pounding shots of absinthe and watching Redtube. My internet friend scrawled some shit on a napkin with a ball point pen. It’s mostly titties and wangs, and it’s perfect for the vibe I am trying to get across. Don’t presume to interject your boring opinions until you’ve purchased all my works in toto and tried to run them at least for a half hour before an orgy. If you don’t get into orgies, or at least imagine you would like it, fuck you and your boring pedestrian ideas. My ideas are peanut butter and chocolate combinations of ideas that have been around since the late 1800’s, and combine the perspectives of a couple of different uptight Englishmen, but at least they are shocking if your idea of shocking is Alice Cooper and Eli Roth. Don’t argue with me about it or I’ll ask for citations. I rubbed my weiner on it when I was blacked out, and there happened to be some paint on my weiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here