Monday, February 23, 2015

The Shadow of the Hivefleet Doth Approach

2 things (possibly more)

A) I will never ever make a 'Nid army, just because.  I dig the models and even like the fluff, but I'm hip deep in debt and can't drop money on a whole new thing. That said, I love Genestealers to pieces.  Always have, since about '91 or '92 and then Space Hulk on the PC ruined me forever. In my fevered dreams I hear the sound of a Terminator readying for overwatch, and the click-clack of impossibly dense chitinous claws resounding down the corridor until CHUFF CHUFF CHUFF JAM and then static.

2) I do have the time and interest to dick around with terrain and mixing the Armies I have with the GS and termagants from the Macragge set. It's impossibly chilly, now, and I cannot prime nor paint any figures.  My other models are all based with sand, since I'm a cheapskate, so I'd like to keep everybody fairly similar in that regard.  But I think I will mix some sand and tile and junk from the drawers to base the 'stealers I'm putting together, now.  You know, bolts and wire and pipes and such. The Space Hulk GS are almost painfully elaborate and the poses are sort of ONLY ON A HULK (naturally!) but I think I can sort something out.

3) a powerful urge to convert a patriarch - the Space Hulk broodlord is cool, but something else is needed, I think.

4) The terrain/fortifications and special rules of the 6th edition list I'm using scream for a Cities of Death thing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here