Friday, February 27, 2015

Fig Loathing

 I have these 3rd edition plastic Catachans. Two 10-man squads.  Sitting in baggies, wrathful.  Giant penis-knives raised in anger.

I hate them.  I mean, I hate them. They were on the discount rack at Bobe's Hobbies in Pensacola maybe in 2007, untouched and still with the shrink wrap for like 22 bucks.  Not bad for 20 figs!  the upshot, though, is that they are ugly!  They are chunky and look like Stallone and Arnold given some combat steroids and they are just ungainly. The poses are kind of cool and pretty dynamic, but overall I have put off priming these figs for like 8 years because I just don't like them.  I have some great metal Catachans sergeants that I love to pieces - they will probably become the Command Squad, somehow.

They represent legs and resources to make some fun nonsensical conversions, and so they will probably get turned into veterans and the HW teams I made will be saved for use on the board with my Cadians.

Mostly, they will become Genetealer Cult Brood Brothers and Inquisition crew for Inq28; the arms are just that weird that I think they would look at home with some 'Nid heads glued on and at bad angles.

we'll see.  Until I started checking out Pinterest for Inq28 stuff my thoughts on kit-bashing were pretty conservative but since I found and started my first real experiments with green-stuff, seems like the possibilities are endless!

I'll get the camera in gear to show te process of breaking them down, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here