Thursday, June 4, 2015

Scratchbuilt Terrain and Squads WIP


Some stuff I'm whittling away the time with tonight. I find that painting little metal people and hacking together stuff soothes me in a way that thinking about RPG stuff does not do. Taking pictures of it is fun, also.  Also, I got outbid for a RT-era Furibundus, and I don't think I ought to follow through on it, and pray the Emperor forgives me.  I haven't seen one for sale in a while and probably ought to wrap my head around never fulfilling that teen-me's mission...  A coward dies a thousand thousand deaths, as they say.

First up, Hazmat-Control Scouts for my DA Successor Clan, led by Scout Sergeant Brother Dole and accompanied by Warp-Containment Librarian-in-Training Brother Markov.  Their Scout Armor is shrouded in a protective layer of synth-skin to keep the air inside fresh and pure. Markov has been in training for quite some time and his armour is an old and rarely scene legacy pattern...  He bears the scars of recent psychik surgery and is always in a terrible mood, and prone to issue citations indiscriminately.



Newest old-skool additions to the Brood of Taint Cola, with S&H on eBay, they come to about 1.15 a piece.  To Strip, or just re-prime and start again?

My new policy is, if you end up near a lasgun, take it and shoot something.

New Policy: a liberal sprinkling of lasrifles, goo, and grid-grating.  I made that up.
Grid Grating is some kind of acrylic drywall patching tape, in my case found behind the dryer of the rental.  So free, and keeping with my low-rent style.
Punching out the keys on a flimsy work throw-away.  Makes interesting bits (see below)
A box of keys.  Uh, conduit.  Uh, panels.  Uh, viewscreens.  We'll see.
A gunner's nest, from a paint-drip catcher.  1.98 at Lowe's.
Well, if you're like me then this post has jus' about put you to sleep.  Good Night, and Consume and Obey, Citizen!

"Have you got a permit for that rat-on-a-stick cart, Citizen?  If not, I can issue you a citation and then you'll need to submit to a gene-scan, and so help me if you show any signs of corruption.  Is that a can of Taint you're drinking, there?  Give me two cans, five squigdogs, and a rat-burger.  Okay, looks like your permit's in order.  Move along."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here