Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Dreadfull Insomnia Ideas

http://papafakis.blogspot.com/2014/07/oldschool-dreadnoughts.html?m=1

It's hard to be a GW gamer.  I went into my FLG/CS to get some 40mm bases and lady had no idea what I was talking about.  There was a single figure on the shelf that was almost 40 bucks (the admittedly cool AM magos). I am trying to transcend GW brand-loyalty and just move into the realm of having fun and not spending a boatload of cash.  I tried to grab an old school RT dreadnought off of eBay last month. I was good to go right until literally the very last moment and the thing was sniped and it rankled me bitterly. But look at those models: they are a terrific base for conversions, the sculpts are fairly simple and straight forward, and they appeal very much to the old school line in my brain.

I spent the early evening in a fugue of thinking about casting bases and my own figs, just to learn how one does this particular thing.

I want to have a small force made explicitly of non-GW models painted and configured to meet 40K fluff, just for use in RT and Inquisimunda games. Something with beast men and angry robots and some mechanized evil wizards. I think I posted some army ideas some months ago. To my mind, every figure would be a conversion and a kitbash

I could start with these Roman Legionaries I have laying around, maybe. A Fallout NV-inspired Caesar's legions?  The models are slightly smallish but on proper bases it could be fun. Hmm.

Roman las-gun troops, beast men elites, rocket-men fast attack, maybe a couple of big-ass death ray wielding robots. The Laser Legion of Lord Macharius. An original (probably a recast!) of Solar Macharius goes for like 45 dollars on eBay, last time I checked.  He's a worthy figure to kitbash from other pieces, in my humble opinion.

Hmm

Added to my feverish enthusiasm for my GS forces and the table and terrain, what I don't need is more products and inspiration...

Anyways, another dread stand-in for your inspirations

http://maxmini.eu/miniatures/andromech-gothbot-miniature

Man, the problem with sleeping for like 4 hours a night for a couple of weeks is that even when you need and want to sleep it gets to be work. Went to bed at 9:00, up at 2:30...  Damn this phone and its light in my brain!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here