Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mdf tiles for Underhiving - WIP

Chief Graffiti Inspector Marlboro, sometimes Inquisitorial Crusader, declares Coolant Tower 1 has insufficient levels of Gang Signifiers, Propaganda, and Grunge.  The entire sector will burn for this transgression!
These 2'x2' Medium Destiny Fiberboard (pay attention, McFly).  They are $4.87 US at my local DIY Big Box (it's a Lowe's).  I got 4, and this will be the first attempt.  The way I figure it, you could do it like this, or you could spend the 80 Standard Imperial Credits from the Secret Weapon People..  Don't get me wrong, but for me the thing is mostly about Self Reliance, maybe, and thrift secondarily.


This is my Pinterest terrain board - infiltrated now and again by Cheesecake Pinups but I think I wheedled that guy out of there...

ruled some 3 inch squares, then tried to do a simple (probably terrible to a mason's eye) flagstone pattern with the 2mm drill bit and the Trusty Dremel.  A little bit irregular seems to me no big deal, since, eh, this is going to be Underhive and Spire terrain.  After all.

Kids and Adults!  Always use protective gear when you do this kind of stuff... I cut my wee little nose-picker before the work even started, just pulling the 2mm drill bit out of the package! my Armor Save is like a 9+
This is Trusty, my hole punch, and Trusty, my tin snips, and Trusty, my punch.  Also, Ms. Priscilla, my least trustworthy sex-toy turned crafts tool.  Variable setting: Lo, Hi, and OH JESUS GET IT OFF MY PANTS LEG
Blood for the Blood God!!!  This is a good omen! Ms. Priscilla had it sealed up spit spot.
High Performance!  That's what it is when you turn an old DVD case and a salt shaker into a steam vent, wherein Genestealers must surely dwell...  Bless Your Bolter and Go Forth






... Next I will likely add a little sand and cat litter and then schmear it with
alcohol-thinned glue.  I might add some wires and more gizmos to the steam-release vent/doohickey thing, but the process seems sound so far.  All in all this took me about 30 minutes.  Might take longer to clean up the blood!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here