Tuesday, November 4, 2014

On Farbiness

darn it, I'm a farb

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farb_(reenactment)

Or like the 40K equivalent of the Farb.  yeah, I mean like I been doing this at the kitchen table for like 20 years and dropping my allowance when I can and splurging when I get my student loan checks...

It turns out that about 64% of my student loan debt is invested in Dark Angels and IG and the rest is ramen

But I never really got into the rules of any of the editions too much. The 7th edition rules are pretty comprehensive but they also feel fast and loose and they pause a lot to "Forge the Narrative" which I think is cool. I don't really play 40K for the winning or losing (easy to say - I lose a lot unless I have excellent team mates) but for stupid moments like when my tank is eaten by a demon or when e.g. I face down like 100 elder shuriken with my Termies and don't miss a save.  That kind of stuff. It helps if I can drink beer early on Sunday. 

Speaking of which, once I get this thing puttied, primed and painted then I will find me a flying base and propose some special rulings so that I can take this flying demon down.  I feel like I painted a lot just now for like 2 hours but I didn't really get much done.

Farbing.  I guess.  I don't know - I have some nice models in there - some Necromunda stuff, some nice conversions.  Except for not knowing the rules I don't really have anything to be self-conscious about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Buy 'The Hounds' - Click Here